Thursday, April 28, 2011

Winding up and winding down.

Almost there, almost there. I'm tired, tired of studying, just wanting to take the exams, but relieved I have a few more days to study. In five days, I'll look back and see just how fast this all went.

My childhood bed went away in the back of an old Chevy yesterday. I gave it away. The bed I spent many nights dreaming, crying, laughing, and mourning in since I was twelve. For half my life I've slept in that bed, from my yellow sheets on Willow, to my earthy ones on Freedom. I kept the bed linens of course, that would have just been too much. My Mama made them for me, there's no parting with that. I had that bed all the way back on Willow...that's some heart strings right there. Such soft and light memories there. Claw foot tubs full of steamy water, large paned windows with old brass knobs and thick layers of paint on the wood. Small window balconies, and a small reflecting pond full of orange goldfish. A rose garden, tall pines, and sweet summer afternoons in the grass, or on the hammock. I remember spending the night with Karrah on the hammock there too, watching the stars, and listening to the sleep ridden sounds of the night time animals. It was kind of thrilling, I think Karrah had to ask me to be quiet. The winding drive we could back down with the speed that would run anyone else into a tree...just ask my Grandpa. That was funny. Oh, and the porch swing, waiting for the bus with our back packs and just swinging as high as we could. Before that we were on Mt. View. Just a few memories...I should get to bed.

The Royal Wedding is tomorrow. I didn't know that Princess Royal was christened Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise. Also, her birthday is August 15th, same as my Mama's! They're just a few years apart too. She was the only daughter of the Queen and the Prince of Edinburgh.  Sidetracked!

3 comments:

Tammie said...

Love this post...so glad to hear from you again. I remember all those wonderful things too about Willow, miss them too. Can't wait to see you again soon, already have the suitcase packed part way.

KB said...

I like this one.

AE said...

:)