Monday, April 18, 2011

How does one motivate oneself to go on when there is just two weeks remaining? At this point, I'm compelled to move forward, but the rewards just can't come soon enough. Just a few days, then an exam. Then the start of the end will really begin. My parents and sister are coming in Thursday, this Thursday...three days away. It will be a brief time of being free while they're here. Celebrating Easter, going to dinner, shopping...no school on my mind. The White Coat Ceremony will be Monday, one week from today, and that will signify my departure from here. Dead week, finals, and more finals, and on Monday, May 2nd, after my 2:30 exam, I will finally be done with the semester and with my 3 year exile for school. That's when the excitement begins! No more early morning drives out west, and life in residence with my husband. Anyone have advice for that? I've been tense these days, so its common that I'm on edge, I hope he understands.

I did well with the tracking of my alcoholic beverage consumption last week:
Friday 4-8 3 glasses wine
Saturday 4-9 3 glasses wine
Sunday 4-10 3 glasses of wine (it'll get better now...)
Monday 4-11 2 Mich Ultras (MU)
Tuesday 4-12 1 MU
Wednesday 4-13 1 MU
Thursday 4-14 1 MU
Friday 4-15 2.5 beers +1 glass w-wine
Saturday 2 glasses w-wine
Sunday 1 glass w-wine
Nothing today yet, but we're going to go to Zeva's restaurant for dinner, so I'll probably have a drink there. Obviously, there is room for improvement, but I didn't want to hold back just because I was keeping track. I was trying not to be biased, so there might be some holding back and some overboard too. My goal last week was to keep track. This week it will be to do that as well as mindful moderation. Wish me luck!

No comments: