Friday, April 29, 2011

Another Day

Two more exams down, two more to go! It's wonderful to have the two hardest ones behind me. It was funny and odd how this afternoon and early evening Marie and I actually felt more anxious sitting here watching TV simply because we had NOTHING to do. It felt like we should have something to do, and we were forgetting it. It makes me laugh. Later, Marie, Tara and I went to Mal's, a new burger joint in town in memory of a little boy, Malachi, who died of cancer in 2009. That was fun, it's an old drive in from the fifties, but it's not quite in tip top shape yet. Then we went to Frank'n'stein's for some beers at the bar. That was a hoot. We watched River Monsters on Animal Planet and listened to vinyl Simon and Garfunkel. Gotta love Amber Bock.

Earlier, after our exams, Marie and I went to the Western Store. They had a clearance table of jeans and buy one get one free boots! At first I wasn't going to get any, didn't even occur to me. However...they're really cool looking. I couldn't help but get myself a couple pair of cowgirl boots! They were buy one get one! And they're cute! And I can dress them up or wear them in the yard! I can wear them in the snow or the rain! It's awesome. I'm super excited. They're made in the USA, leather beauties. They were also expensive beauties, but they're very inexpensive compared to the five hundred dollar gorgeous ones I saw. Mine are pretty darn cute, the cutest ones for the price I got. And they were buy one get one! Marie said you can never get a deal like that. People were coming in and calling their friends to tell them to get there asap because it was such a good deal. I also got a couple pair of kick butt jeans. They're Cruel Girl's, I guess those are cowgirl name brand jeans...they're pretty darn good looking. After all, I couldn't say I lived for three years out in Western Oklahoma with a cowgirl and not come home with a pair (or two) of cowgirl boots! I did hold back on getting the eighty dollar hat though, that was just a bit much. There was a really cool one that looked like a really nice gardening hat though.

Anyway, that's my night! Tomorrow I'm going to meet Zach in the city for dinner, and on Sunday, Marie and I may go to the Battle of the Bands with Tara at Frank'n'stein's that afternoon. Of course, we have to study for Jurisprudence and Toxicology too...darn. Oh well. It's been quite fun. Boy, I need to exercise!

2 comments:

KB said...

Can't wait to see the cowboy boots in person!:)

AE said...

Me too!