Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Easter Eggs

So, today was the first day of being completely alone after Zach's departure to Kenya. After making my face tired and puffy yesterday, I went to bed early and got well rested. I had a final this morning, but it was short, and afterwards I went spring clothes shopping at Kohl's. We'd had to get Zach a suit there yesterday and spent quite a handful of change, so to save a hundred or so, we opened a Kohl's card, since it was save 30% to open it that day. I got to use that same discount today. I also ran some other errands and made it home by early afternoon. Then I went to coloring my Easter eggs I boiled last week. Here are some pictures of the good time I had:










While coloring these lovely ladies, I watched our mama squirrel feast on the squirrel feeder outside our kitchen window.


After that I went outdoors and mowed the lawn! I also trimmed bushes and trees...I typically get carried away with that kind of stuff. After trimming the trees, I made some decorations with some of the clippings.


I also bought some festive tulips at the grocery.

While I was working on the yard, my neighbor, Leslie, stopped by and gave me some wine! She's in wine and spirits, but is pregnant and cannot enjoy what she opens during the day for her clients at home, so she brought me a couple! We're co-block captains together, so we've been getting to know each other. It's so nice to find more friends!

Well, that was my day, in and out.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Hooray! I love the beautiful eggs, I think I am not coloring any this year but maybe I will. And double Hooray for friends, especially those that bring you wine!!!!