Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A New Paint Job

What do you do with some old paint and a drab bathroom? Paint it. Zach went to Montana Monday, so I decided it was about time I changed things up around here. It was a lot of work, but I treated myself to icecream and a hot candlelit bath. Our bedroom ceiling will be next, but here are the pictures of where I started, the progress, and the finished product.
Here, I had to take the photo with flash, because it was so overbearing and dark.

Being home alone and a bit down, I decided there needed to be some therapeutic house painting done.

It took my dark mood and started brightening it right up!!

Blurry, but you get the idea.

Almost done! Now, if only the trim would start looking like brand new (and this of course requires a new coat of paint).

The finished product!

Everything was scrubbed down and sparkling :)

Ahhh, between lightening things up, and working myself to the bone, I'd say this was a very successful mood elevating exercise!
It's so great, I love it. I'm letting the colors sink in, they're just so different from what was in there before, so it makes it hard to take it all in. It just makes me happy to be in there now! I really think my bedroom ceiling should be next, but that just seems like a project for another time and another day in the long away future. Maybe the next time Zach goes out of town? I think something is coming up in September, so we shall see. As for the rest of my week, Zach comes home tomorrow, and I don't have my rotation tomorrow, so I have the day off. I think I should get moving on getting the house ready for company this weekend though. We're having some friends over to swim in the pool, which looks absolutely crystal clear and wonderful.

I am hopefully going to keep blogging more regularly now, sorry for such a long hiatus. I'm changing my background pictures to some I took in Washington when we were there in July too, just so you know.

2 comments:

KB said...

I like the new color! It's so crazy how something as simple as a coat of paint can make such a huge difference in the feel of a room, isn't it?

And ceiling painting is a LOT of work. Trust me. And it is back-breaking because you're looking up the entire time. I never want to paint a ceiling again. But I probably will have to eventually...

Tammie said...

Love the new color! I am glad you are finding time for things other than work.