Thursday, March 15, 2012

When the Universe bestows upon you a gift

Today was suppose to be spent at the pharmacy for ten long hours, while the nicest part of this beautiful day sailed past, but unexpectedly, I got a notice right before I was going to leave for work that I would have today off. What a gift. I was outside in my garden all morning, and came in just after noon. I'm watering the lawn now, and I am just enjoying this sunny afternoon. I transplanted my pumpkins, bell peppers, and tomatoes to bigger pots and sowed some seeds into a bed I made up. I sowed more carrots, radishes, some stevia, walking Egyptian onions, and baby lettuce. I then surrounded the beds with a fence of sticks...hoping to bar my dogs from trampling everything into the ground (fingers crossed).
Here from the left are tomato, pumpkin and bell pepper plants.

My budding dogwood

In the tall black pots are my first round of radishes I started inside. In the clay pots I have carrots starting to grow.

From the left I have baby lettuce, radishes, carrots, stevia, and Egyptian walking onions.

From here you can spot the eggplant, chamomile, cilantro, coneflower, and black eyed susans as well!


This is my survivor parsley, and some pansies and baby lettuce!

2 comments:

Tammie said...

Yeah!!!! it is a gift for you to have the day off and a gift for me to get to talk to you yesterday and read your blog today. I think you made the most of the gift from the universe. Thank you for sharing your gift with me :)!

KB said...

Looks good! Have the dogs stayed out?